Monday, March 11, 2013


Classic Help for Today: Why “Help for Today”
Text: Hebrews 3:12-15


I did not know what I wanted to call this daily devotional. I was struggling trying to come up with just the right name. In time, though, I settled on a theme that would provide me the help I really need. I settled on an emphasis on today. My hope is that as my need for daily encouragement is addressed, you, too, will receive a benefit. I'm a procrastinator from way back. I'm a good planner and list maker. I should be the President of the "I'm Going to Start Tomorrow" club. Intentions promote favorable discovery, but, in reality, they get you nowhere. I remind you of the Fred Sanford quote that I've shared many times. "Never put off 'till tomorrow what you can do day after tomorrow." The Bible contrasts that way of thinking over and over. I'd like to direct your attention this morning to Hebrews 3:12-15. "Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; but exhort one another dailywhile it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, while it is said: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”" Wake up! Our mission is clear. Use today. it is all we know we have. Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow will never come. But today...today is precious.

All the best and I hope this gives you “Help for Today”

~  Clark Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment