Wednesday, January 16, 2013


Help for Today: Inside and Out

                 

I am pretty sure you will not be shocked to learn that I am a big fan of potato chips. The good people at Lays had someone like me in mind when they said, “no one can eat just one.” While I like Lays, I must admit I feel a level of disappointment when I open that beautiful bag and discover that most of it is empty, Contrast that with your Pringles and you’ll discover that can is stacked all the way to the top. The outside promotes what the inside backs up. I am not writing this today to force you to make a decision of your chip of choice, but I am asking you to consider a very important principle. The inside matters! We sing, “Is thy heart right with God?’” “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.” The inside matters. Our world puts a great deal of emphasis on that outer shell that the world sees with their eyes. Satan plays that game, too. God revealed it to Samuel, as He does to us. Man looks on the outside, but God looks on the heart. The inside matters. No matter how good that outside looks, there comes a time when the bag is opened and the inside is known. God sees it right now. If you question that, ask Jonah or Ananias and Sapphira or a poor widow that gave all she had. The inside matters. Take a good look in the mirror. Lays or Pringles? What do you see?
         
All the best and I hope this gives you “Help for Today”.

~ Clark Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment