Tuesday, January 22, 2013


Help for Today: Sacrificial
Text: Ephesians 5


Think with me men. What price would you pay to insure the safety of your wives? I would hope you would willingly sacrifice your very life to preserve that special one. But, how likely are you to remember to carry out the garbage in the morning? Clark, now you are meddling! “Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her.” Some translations render this passage He “gave Himself up.” I really lean toward the phrase, “gave Himself for her.” I know the truth. I know He bore our sins in His body on the tree as He purchased the church with His blood at a place called Calvary. I know the “giving” of our Savior was at its most dramatic at that place. But, I also know the “sacrifice” of Jesus was demonstrated not at a singular moment, but in a life well lived. His sacrifice was daily. His giving of Himself took in a lot of “Mondays.” If He gives up along the way, if He becomes selfish and self-centered, the blessing of Calvary becomes impossible. He had to be that “Lamb” without blemish and without spot. His day-to-day living was a “living sacrifice.” He “showed” us how to look out, not only for our own interests, but also for the interests of others. We are called to step out of our comfort zones. We are called to be willing to make sacrifices. Sacrifice. Today…

All the best and I hope this gives you “Help for Today”

~ Clark Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment