Wednesday, January 23, 2013


Help for Today: From Now On       
Text: Genesis 2:24


“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.” I know when I stood with Tracie on the steps of the old Northport church building in August, 1990, brother Williams referred to this verse. However, it was Sunday morning in the auditorium of the Riverchase building that reality seemed to set in for my bride. I’ll never forget looking at her and seeing the tears on her face. I’ve jokingly said for years she started crying that day and has been crying ever since. But, I’ve backed off using that event as a joke. I look at it differently now. I look at it much more seriously now. That moment was a reminder to me of just how serious the step we had taken was. We stood on a stage together surrounded by men in tuxes and ladies in pretty dresses. We had cake, had birdseed thrown and drove away in a well-decorated vehicle. But we woke up that Sunday morning to a “from now on” relationship. It’s not trivial. It’s not take it or leave it. It’s a life commitment “from now on.” That’s what the Father meant in the second chapter of the Bible. I am hers and she is mine, “from now on.” By the way, Christian, do not miss the parallel of your Savior, the Bridegroom, and His relationship with His bride, the church. When you came up from that water “rising to walk in newness of life,” you made a “from now on” commitment to Him. It’s not trivial. It’s not take it or leave it. It’s a life commitment “from now on.” Thank God and give it some thought. Today.

All the best and I hope this gives you “Help for Today”

~ Clark Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment