Monday, February 4, 2013


Help for Today: How Do We Get There from Here?
Text: 2 Timothy 4:6-8


For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day…” Those were awesome words coming from a man who, at one time, was “wreaking havoc” on the church. He even identified himself as the, “chief of sinners.” How did he face his earthly end with such confidence? How did he KNOW where he was going? Be careful finding the answers to those questions. The Apostle Paul, who spoke those powerful words in 2 Timothy 4, is a mirror of us, hopefully. Like that Apostle Paul, we all have yesterdays that were not what we wish they had been. Like that Apostle Paul, our hope and assurance is through the blood of Christ and life in His Body, the church. May God bless us in the journey.

All the best and I hope this gives you "Help for Today”

~ Clark Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment