Wednesday, February 27, 2013


Help for Today: Patience
Text: Genesis 16:1-4


Pardon me today. I’m dealing with a subject that hits me right where I live. I hope it will be of help to you. Patience. Long-suffering. I am in need of a big dose of patience. How about you? Likely, we all are facing tests in our lives that are really trying our patience. I’d like to take you back to a promise made by God to Abraham that from his seed all the nations of the earth would be blessed. Though Abraham and Sarah were beyond child- bearing age, this was the promise made by God. In Genesis 16, the Bible tells of Sarah growing impatient with God when the child was not coming. She remained barren and determined to give God a “boost.” Read verses 1-4. I’ll stop there today. You know how this story progresses. Abraham fathered a child by Hagar, Sarah’s maidservant, this was not the promised seed, ultimately, Isaac was born to Sarah and Abraham, as God intended, and the progression of the Hebrew nation was in place. But, our world still feels the impact today of the lack of patience showed by Sarah. Perhaps all of us would be wise to give some consideration today to the words of Psalm 27:14. “Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!” Take a deep breath. Be patient. Let God work.

All the best and I hope this gives you “Help for Today”

Clark Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment