Wednesday, February 13, 2013


Help for Today: Giving Up


His name has become a synonym and even the definition of the term. The name Judas and the term traitor are forever linked. Why? Because for thirty pieces of silver, the treasurer of the group walked in to a group of authority figures and said…I’ll give Him to you. One of His own…One who passed out baskets of food to the hungry masses…One who sat in a boat as He walked on water…One who saw, “Lazarus, come forth.” One who walked the streets, who heard Him teach, who saw Him heal, who witnessed Him holding the children in His arms…One of His own…betrayed Him…But, as bad as the actions of Judas Iscariot were, I can not look at him any differently than I do the man in the mirror. While my name has not been etched across the printed page telling my story, I have done what he did. I turned on Him, too. I betrayed Him, too. And yet, as bad as my actions have been, He stands ready to forgive me just like He did the one who, by the fire, said, “I do not know Him!” By the way, just as sure as He forgave the man by the fire and just as sure as He forgives me…He would have forgiven the treasurer, too. Why did he give up? Winston Churchill got it right. Do not give up. The one you “turned on” and betrayed the most wants to forgive you…How much? “He bore our sins in His body on the tree.” Keep going. Do not give up. Today.

All the best and I hope this gives you “Help for Today”.

~ Clark Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment