Thursday, February 21, 2013


Help for Today: A Good Name        
Text: Proverbs 22:1


Carrot top. Lefty. Shorty. Chunky. Yes, even Sham. These are all nicknames that just the saying of the word gives you a clue who is being described. Proverbs 22:1 tells us…A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches. The groom’s great compliment to a bride is the sharing of a name. The bride honors her groom by “giving up” a name to take his name. What thoughts come to the minds of your friends and associates when your name is mentioned? You see, it is that name that identifies you. Your name is a mirrored reflection of the content of your character. Choose today that your name will be a good name. The name of Barnabas, which means, son of encouragement, was given to him because of his manor of life. By the name, the lives of those who share your name are touched by the legacy of your life. Give that some thought. By the way, I remember a number of years ago when I was looking for a job teaching school. I know my dad and mom’s good name in the school system helped me get that job. I also know the day I began to work my conduct and work ethic would reflect on those who gave me my name. It is a very interesting cycle. A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches.

All the best and I hope this gives you “Help for Today”

Clark Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment