Tuesday, February 19, 2013


Help for Today: Friendship   
Text: Proverbs 18:24


As we are about to begin working toward our 10th year of Christian camping at ICYC, I figure I better speak kindly of Bruno as my dependence on him continues. I wish for all of you a true friend like he is to me.

A number of years ago, I sat in the auditorium at the old Northport church of Christ building on main avenue on a Sunday night. As the service moved forward, "Bruno" Bryant Evans stepped in to the pulpit to preach. His topic that night dealt with friendship. I’m sure it was a good lesson. His lessons usually are. But I really don’t remember much about the details. It’s been well over twenty years. (Quick, what did I preach about Sunday night? Gotcha!) While I don’t remember much about the sermon, I do remember something very well that happened later that night. I was “drowning” in a class at the University of Alabama, dealing with computers. When services ended, I went over to Bruno’s home for him to help me get through this class. He gave his night, staying up very late to help me. The sermon he preached that night dealing with friendship has, basically, faded from my memory. The friendship he demonstrated that very same night will stay with me forever. Today. Be a friend.

All the best and I hope this gives you “Help for Today”

Clark Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment